• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Games you would like to see get remastered?

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I've never actually played either of them.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
To all of you that have the desire to see a 'remaster':
Have you tried the PC version?
Consoles are forever limited by their creation date/hardware.
The PC version comes with the best textures and plenty of options.. and if it doesnt, you can usually force the graphics thru your very own nvidia/ATI control panel apps.
Mass effect was alright on consoles, but on PC you could play true 1080/60fps from day one.

Skyrim and the like may not always get graphical upgrades, but the mod scene is there to help you.
Red Dead Redemption? Cant help you.
Resident evils? Just load up your playstation emulator, buy a cheap xbox-compatible controller that is plug'n'play goodness with windows, and you are good2go.

I know, it is not the same. But do you trust them not to change up the whole formula? :)

Oh btw.. secret of mana SNES was awesome. Do.... NOOOOOOTTTTTT buy the remaster.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace.
Dune.
Dune 2000.
This.
So.
Much.

Hell, just give me another remixed soundtrack and I'll be happy.

I think the issue is that the genre sorta is stagnant. Even Starcraft isn't as hot as it used to be. They'd be risking a lot trying to bring it back as a legit online game. But maybe if they kept it single player.... nah, then the fans would complain about that too :(

While we're talking Westwood though, CC Renegade would sure deserve a modern remaster.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Don't forget Parasite Eve 1 and 2. :tongue:

One one hand I don't know how well a remaster would do with Parasite Eve, on the other hand updated shower scenes with modern day graphics might make it worth remastering all by itself. :1orglaugh

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Scared about how awful Secret of Mana on PS4 is going to be. Rented it. I'll see what they fucked up. God knows why I want to play it, I own it on SNES.

~~whimsy~~

One one hand I don't know how well a remaster would do with Parasite Eve, on the other hand updated shower scenes with modern day graphics might make it worth remastering all by itself. :1orglaugh

I shall say the scenes in that game was damn beautiful and still holds up. I just started Nightmare mode last year. Crazy stuff in that mode o_O

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Scared about how awful Secret of Mana on PS4 is going to be. Rented it. I'll see what they fucked up. God knows why I want to play it, I own it on SNES.

I cringed super hard when it started. The [NOBABE]voice[/NOBABE] acting is kinda shit. But I'm 7 hours in or so, and it's fun seeing things updated. You'll hate it at first, but one thing they did that really saves this game is the mini map thats always on screen is still in the original 16bit SNES style.

~~whimsy~~

The PS1 classic Einhander

And Battle Arena Toshiden (anybody remember that?)

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, so ...

~~whimsy~~

I just read an article about Onimusha being remastered. I remember the first one. I never really messed with 2 or 3.

nonanche92000

I should probably read the Board Rules...
@~~whimsy~~ WTF ? Seriously ? I have to check that, Onimusha was one of my favorite game ! Japanese Hack & Slash :banger:

UnderBro

Bronze Member
I would like to see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remastered. Konami should definitely do this to redeem themselves from MSG5 and MS Rising.

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
kotor
republic commando
and new open world jedi game please:D
Speaking of older SW games, did we every get a true modern version of the X-wing series?
I think there were updates to let it run on modern systems, but those weren't actual remakes. Plus I don't think Jedi Starfighter did it justice.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I had the perfect idea for a remaster and now I can't remember because I was drinking. Grrr.. what was it?!